This is going to be a short one, since I am currently grinding and working to try and finish what I think is an acceptable word count. This also includes all the work of revising and editing that takes its own toll on time. So, the plan is to have the first chapter released, and the last day of the month the 30th is when the book will be available for sale. I want to give everyone that possibly could be interested in the first book of this series a chance to speak up for what would make the book more accessible. I hope to have both a kindle version and a paperback version ready for sale, but if I had to focus on one first, what do y'all think it should be? If you didn't do the poll on the other social media posts, let me know below! I plan on a crisp 30,000 words for this book, since it is supposed to act as a bedrock, so to speak. I want this first adventure to get the appetite working for future books. At its core, this setting takes advantage of the fact that fantasy and magic isn't unheard of, and an undead horde showing up is way more tried and true than many would believe. It's a familiar concept used in everything from video games to movies. But, I want many of these creatures and even medieval knights to approach magic to be more than just destroying everything they don't understand. I also want to go to one to write all kinds of books set in other exotic locations that fantasy doesn't often touch, or other genres that just don't like using magic realism for one reason or another.
That all being said, please stay tuned for future posts and let me know, how do y'all enjoy reading?
No comments:
Post a Comment